The Spring Meeting is the Club’s annual open meeting held over the late May bank holiday weekend each year. It consists of a series of individual competitions spread over the three days with prizes available for each competition as well as various aggregates and the Grand Aggregate. It is regularly attended by 100 or more competitors, many of whom are top performing shooters hoping to get into England teams for the National and Mackinnon matches later in the year. Covering all distances and often with a mix of weather conditions, it provides a good test and is great preparation for the NRA’s main Imperial Meeting in July.
The competition is open to all and is available to both Target Rifle and F-class competitors. The typical program each year is as follows:
1. The Association (2 & 7 at 300, 500 and 600 yards)
2. The Second Stage (2 & 10 at 300, 500 and 600 yards)
3. The Cortis (2 & 15 at 600 yards)
4. The Long (2 & 15 at 900 yards)
5. The Final (2 & 15 at 1000 yards)
6. The Sunday Aggregate (Events 2 & 3)
7. The Short Range Aggregate (Events 1, 2 & 3)
8. The Inner Aggregate (Events 1 to 4)
9. The Monday Aggregate (Events 4 & 5)
10. The Grand Aggregate (Events 1 to 5)
11. Teams of Four (Event 7)
Online entries for the Spring Meeting can be made using the ShootingCompetitions.org website.
Full results of this and past spring meetings can be found on ShootingResults.org. or in past Yearbooks.