As many will have seen, the government has seen fit to introduce tighter restrictions on social gatherings in order to curb the recent increase in cases of COVID-19. From Monday the 14th of September it will be illegal to meet socially in groups larger than 6. There are a few exceptions, details of which can be found on the government website. Based on this, the following events are impacted.
- DS meeting, Sunday 13th September
- Postponed until mid-October and will be held virtually. DS’s will be advised of details in due course
- Council meeting, Monday 14th September
- Postponed until mid-October and will be held virtually. Council members will be advised of details in due course
- Club AGM and Prize Giving, Friday 18th September
- Postponed until the end of October and will be held virtually. details of how to attend will be sent to all members in due course
The Lawrence Match and the Mackinnon Match will both go ahead as planned as part of the NRA’s imperial program which is exempt from the new regulations as an organized sporting event.
Clearly the guidance and regulations may still change again at short notice. Please keep checking the website for details of any further changes to English XX events.